Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nyeisha's Summary of Vegetarian by Emily Poe pg.15 and pg.28 in They Say, I Say

1)Living Meat Free
In this short story Emily Poe talks about the importance of saving our animals.  Although she uses the agree and disagree strategy to state her opinion for both meat eaters and vegetarians.  She brings up a very valid point in my opinion that it is humane to sustain a nonmeat diet.
2)Although some people believe that eating meat is very satisfying, others would argue that it is inhumane. 
Emily thinks that this is not a suitable lifestyle for human beings.  I agree in some sense that  eating meat is not healthy and it also causes health problems as you get older.  Yet I do understand why some people do eat meat I for instance am a meat eater and I have been for as long as I can remember.  It has been a way of life for so long that those habits are hard to break. Whether people listen to this message or not people need to become aware of exactly what their body is consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment